Send me a letter!

Postage is about 1 to 2 dollars.  Here's my address:

Ellen Sy
Room 207
Patrick Manson Student Residence
c/o Pokfulam Amenities Center
Pauline Chan Building
10 Sassoon Road
Pokfulam
Hong Kong

Give me your address and I'll send you some cute Hong Kong trinkets or something :)

Friday, April 30, 2010

Study Break

Taking a break from studying to bring you super exciting updates. Yeah, not really.

So classes ended last Friday. Aside from grocery shopping I haven't really been able to go out and do anything because I have four finals and a four page lab report due next week. HKU gives you a whole week to prepare for finals! Probably due to the fact that they're on a semester system (yes, Berkeley kids?). I find that I'm really not used to having so much time to study. HAHA. At UCLA you could totally have a final the day after classes end (on a Saturday). And instead of having a whole week to study, I'm more used to having two or three days before having three or four finals lined up, whereas HKU gives finals over a three week period. Yeah, I probably won't do any better here than at home...

SO. As of tomorrow I will have only three weeks left in Hong Kong. That realization in itself is so many things: disbelief that time passed by so quickly, happiness in getting to go home and see my family and friends (and dogs!), sadness in having to leave and not knowing when I'll be able to come back, pressure to see/do as many things as possible, regret in not doing EVERYTHING, O_O in knowing that I actually survived in a foreign country.

I'll elaborate later in an extremely deep and heartfelt post before I leave. Maybe.

But yeah, my last final is on May 12th, after which I am completely free to do as I like. A lot of my friends are taking the time to travel to China/different countries, but I'm choosing to live out the remainder of my days on this side of the world exploring more of Hong Kong. I figure, as of right now, I'm done with traveling. I didn't realize that going to new places could be so stressful...There's always the pressure of trying to utilize your time there to the fullest and see as many things as you can, so you rush through everything and don't really have the time to fully appreciate them. Also, I have to wake up at 7:30 or 8:30 everyday for class, and I found myself having to wake up even EARLIER than that while I was traveling. Disgusting.

So aside from a last excursion out to Shenzhen, I'll be staying in Hong Kong for the next three weeks. And that's 10000% okay with me.

Oh yeah, still got that Macau post...

2 comments:

  1. agreed. traveling=sensory overload

    LET'S GRAB QUEEN MARY'S! i can finally afford a good meal again!!

    ReplyDelete