Send me a letter!

Postage is about 1 to 2 dollars.  Here's my address:

Ellen Sy
Room 207
Patrick Manson Student Residence
c/o Pokfulam Amenities Center
Pauline Chan Building
10 Sassoon Road
Pokfulam
Hong Kong

Give me your address and I'll send you some cute Hong Kong trinkets or something :)

Monday, February 22, 2010

Guangzhou (Part 3)


Day 5: We decided to go to Bai Yun San (White Cloud Mountain) to go hiking. To get there we took a 45 minute or so bus ride. WORST BUS RIDE EVER. The bus got PACKED with old Chinese people (heading to the same place as us) a stop or two after we got on. Like, chest to back packed, you-don't-even-have-to-hold-on-to-anything bumper-to-bumper packed. For more than half an hour. But that's not the worst part. The worst part was that the girl sitting down right in front of me (I was standing and was practically on top of her) apparently wasn't feeling too well and THREW UP. And, if you can believe it, this isn't my first experience with barfers on Asian public transportation. This also happened to me on a minibus in Hong Kong, with some drunk kid puking all over himself for the whole 20 minute ride. Also, we saw this girl again at Bai Yun San, happily skipping around with her boyfriend. Guess she felt better. >:/

ANYWAY. We got through that, only to face the bitter cold on the mountain. We took a cable car because hiking would've taken us FOREVER. I'm scared of heights, but the ride wasn't too bad and the view was pretty nice.


So Bai Yun San is split up into different areas that you have to pay (5-10 RMB) to get into. We decided to check out the bird area, which includes the biggest bird cage in Asia.

About ten minutes in, one of my friends got pooed on by a seagull (yes, very exotic), so we hightailed it out of there. REAL FAST.

After aimlessly walking around for a while, we paid 5 RMB to walk up a GIGANTIC set of stairs. It seriously took forever just to get to the top, which wasn't even that special. I guess it's a pretty big attraction for couples, because you're supposed to bring a lock with you and chain it on this contraption once you get to the top so that your love lasts forever. Can't believe I PAID to walk up those stairs. Also, this guy asked my friend to take a picture of just him with HER camera and gave her his email to send it to him later. What a weirdo.



I remember by now I just wanted to get out of Bai Yun San because I was freezing and tired, but we decided to stick around to find the Peach Blossom Valley. I'm happy we did. It was reallllly nice, and I found a statue of five sheep! I don't know if it's the one Ba's talking about, but I can't imagine how exciting other statues of five sheep can be.





We left Bai Yun San at about 6-ish? And decided to head to Tee Mall. I've been to this mall before! And I think I bought a pair of jeans here, but I don't remember much else. We basically just ate dinner here, and didn't really do any shopping.

Next up: Chime-Long Paradise!

No comments:

Post a Comment