Well, not yet, but I'll be in China and probably won't have internet for the next week or so, so I'm getting a head start. I'm taking a four hour bus ride to Guangzhou tomorrow afternoon and staying with my friend's relatives in Hoiping. Then we're going to Guangzhou on Monday, then Shenzhen? I'm not really sure right now. But we're getting back Thursday next week, so you'll hear from me again then.
I went to the New Year's Festival in Causeway Bay tonight. It's just a huge fair with LOADS of stuff on sale, ranging from millions of flowers to millions of tiger themed carnival toys and stuff. They also had a bunch of infomercial style products and lots of street food. These things always leave me smelling like stinky tofu. Also, it was PACKED. I probably had dozens of different people's sweat on me at one point, because the crowd pretty much moved together as a huge mass. But when does that NOT happen in Hong Kong? At one point I was (somehow) going against the crowd, and saw an old, round white guy coming towards me. Contact between us was inevitable, and somehow that half a minute before being smooshed together and those few seconds of ACTUALLY being smooshed together felt like FOREVER. I swear it was slow-motion.
Edit with pictures after I get back. Too tired.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hahahhahaaa Brycen and I went last year and it was NUTS! Exactly what you described it as!
ReplyDelete