Day 2: Probably my favorite day of the trip. We had to wake up at the crack of dawn (7 AM) to eat breakfast before heading out to the beach. Our first boat trip was to a floating...barge? I don't know, it was just some platform out in the middle of the water...
...Where we got to go...parasailing! It was 350 Baht (a little over 10 USD) and it was pretty AMAZING. We got strapped into a parachute and then attached to a boat, which took off while the guys working there told us in broken english to run (not like you consciously do it though, it's more like A GIVEN - you're attached to a boat!). The boat took a short drive around the floating platform with you 50 feet (more or less, I don't remember) in the air. Definitely something I'd want to do again.

You can't really tell, but that's totally me!
After that we got back on the boat and took a longer ride to an actual beach. I went jet-skiing and actually got to drive it! That was fun, except while we were coming back, the guy on the back of our jet-ski purposely drove in such a way that would get us SOAKED, while cheekily saying "oops". My other friends also jet-skied and when they got back, they were almost completely dry. Jerk.
Haha sorry for the quality, this is a picture of a picture.
We had a couple of hours to play around by ourselves or go shopping on the boardwalk before heading back to the hotel to get cleaned up. After getting back to the hotel, showering, and taking a nap, we were packed on the bus again to go to a restaurant that served shark fin soup and bird's nest stuff. Both of which I think I've had before (I'm not sure about the bird's nest, but I've definitely had shark's fin). Oh, and they wanted to charge 700 baht for this stuff. I didn't eat any, of course.
Anyway. After sitting around while other people were enjoying their 700 baht soup we went to get our one hour Thai massages. As Mommy already knows, I am EXTREMELY ticklish, so I spent the whole hour trying not to laugh (and failing miserably). They only massaged our feet and legs, and I felt worse after I left (seriously, I think I left with some new bruises), but the lady was nice and didn't mind when I laughed out of nowhere. Good experience I guess? Have a picture of an elephant at the Thai massage place:
Thailand really loves its elephants.
After that we went shopping again and had dinner (same as yesterday - except without tomyum soup). We ended the day early since everybody was probably tired from the beach, so we just went back to our hotel rooms and played games and stuff.
you have to tell Brycen how much fun parasailing is. I have yet to talk him into trying it. It wasn't scary, right? So much fun for so cheap!
ReplyDelete