Send me a letter!

Postage is about 1 to 2 dollars.  Here's my address:

Ellen Sy
Room 207
Patrick Manson Student Residence
c/o Pokfulam Amenities Center
Pauline Chan Building
10 Sassoon Road
Pokfulam
Hong Kong

Give me your address and I'll send you some cute Hong Kong trinkets or something :)

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Happy Birthday Amy! My Plans And Other Things

It's Amy Beluga's birthday today! Have an unbearably embarrassing video:



ANYWAY. Just a couple of interesting things lately:

Me and my friends are trying to see if we can survive on 40 HKD a day (for food), which is about $5.25 USD. It's totally doable if you eat all of your meals on campus, or at the cafeteria in the hospital near Patrick Manson. It's just not very fun. HAHAHA. Pretty crazy, huh? Back at home you'd have to pay that much for just a McDonald's meal or something. But here I'm getting a full breakfast (toast, egg, bacon, and soup) for 2 USD and then rice and BBQ stuff for 3 USD. The only downside is that I'm gonna get tired of BBQ pork...

Hong Kong students are either very disciplined/clean, or the janitors are very efficient, because there's never any gum stuck under the desks in lecture halls, VERY unlike UCLA. Back at home, it was a pleasant surprise to have a desk that DIDN'T have gum.

There is a TON of all kinds of pollution in Hong Kong. There's the cigarette smoke and smog (of course) but the light pollution at night (especially in Central) is pretty crazy (I was there at 9ish and it seriously looked like the sun was up), and then the noise pollution when the construction people start working at 9 AM EVEN ON SATURDAYS. You shouldn't do that.

Instead of saying the color "pink", locals (or maybe just the professors) prefer to say "pinky color". HAHAHAHA.

That is all for now. I am hungry.

2 comments:

  1. i told candace about how you wanted a "personalized suit," and she was like...what, with her name on it?? hahahaha

    anyway thanks yo, i am totally in need of a new keychain so that thing will do nicely

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always look forward to your posts! I guess I subconsciously notice these things and then forget about them but since you're "new" here you point them out instantly and I find myself saying, "oh yeah..." a lot! As for the lights, it's so true, I seriously don't need to turn on the lights in my flat at night and can still see.

    ReplyDelete