It is 10:05 PM Hong Kong time, which is 6:05 AM Pacific, and I am surprisingly awake. Better write this all down before I forget something.
The plane ride felt shorter than I remember. Maybe because it was minus the layover in Taipei, but probably more-so because the entertainment sets actually worked. I sat next and talked to a nice girl who studies at San Francisco State, and since two old ladies asked to trade seats with us so they could be closer to their friend, I ended up not getting an aisle seat. That made things pretty uncomfortable; I can’t imagine how people with legs longer than mine can handle it. Also, the old lady sitting next to me accidentally rested her head on my shoulder during her nap.
I took no pictures between Berkeley Adventures and arriving at my dorm, mostly because I was talking to my Buddy and I felt really sick towards the end of the plane ride. So I’ll show you later how different Patrick Manson Non-hall Residence looks from the pictures of it they posted online.
I was really thirsty so Ian (My buddy) took me to a mall so I could buy a bottle of water. I was in line with my money out and everything when he pointed out that I was about to pay with Mainland money. THANKS ANN.
Dirty room fiasco: when I got here I was assigned a room on the first floor, so when me and my buddy went to drop my stuff off, we found that nobody cleaned it after the previous inhabitants left. It was preeeeetty nasty. Like, old towels still on the bed, trash everywhere and huge dust bunnies and hairballs everywhere. Ian is really nice and started cleaning everything up and sweeping the floors and was about to start mopping when somebody came by and just gave me another room that was clean. So now I’m in 207A. Bad first impression, HKU.
I’m getting sleepy and starting to forget things…Or maybe there isn’t that much to remember between getting on a plane, sitting on a plane, and getting off a plane and taking a cab to the dorm. I’ll probably sleep now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment