Skipped two classes Tuesday morning (at 8:30 and 9:30). Too tired...Went to Fortress Hill for dinner and ate at a Taiwanese place. I keep forgetting to bring my camera :(
Today: went down to Wan Chai to get my China visa. It's kinda weird going to the same places (the China Resources Building, and malls and stuff) I did three years ago during my first Hong Kong trip. Why? I have no idea. Also, I got lost getting to the visa place, so I asked a lady, in Cantonese, where some street was. So yay for me! But her English was good so she didn't explain in Cantonese...That makes me sad :(
So after I did my visa stuff, I got some dessert at some French cafe. I got some chocolate/hazelnut mousse thing called "The Temptation". The first bite was good, but then it got disgustingly sweet.
Empty plate after I demolished that sucker.
Some espresso and cream I got with my dessert. This was DISGUSTING.
Then I went to Mong Kok for some more shopping...I'm so bad...Spent too much money; how much, I don't want to say...Then I karaoke'd for a couple of hours, came back pretty early, and now I'm gonna sleep pretty early so I can go to the classes I missed on Tuesday. I feel a sickness coming on too, so I should go to sleep ASAP.
Oh! When I was shopping I managed to save my friend 60 HKD on a jacket hehehe. And one of the shop keepers even said my Cantonese was good for being in Hong Kong for only three weeks. Too bad I grew up with it T_T
So I've been here for three weeks already, but it feels like FOREVER. It wasn't until yesterday that I realized how much I like being here. I mean, I've been here before, so I knew exactly what to expect (well, there are some things that required actually living here for more than a week to notice and take in, I'll elaborate later): I already knew how crowded major shopping areas would be on weekends, how often you can get cigarette smoke puffed directly into your face, how nasty bathrooms can be, etc...So at first, I was very unimpressed. Well, I wouldn't say VERY, but I was pretty indifferent. But I realized just a couple of days ago how different life is here than back at home, and how I'm really happy that I get to be here. Also, Hong Kong trees are way cooler than California trees.
Being on your own in a different country is definitely different from being on your own an hour and a half away from home.
HAHA "ni tiu gaai hai bin dou a?" now you just have to ask someone where the bathroom is...
ReplyDeletei am glad you are having fun and not freaking out anymore. march march march march march
HAHAHA the word i had to type to verify i'm a human was "anymo"